Friday, January 18, 2008

Plans for the day

We are hoping that when we get Noah today, that we can have a little party there with the kids. I first suggested bringing pizza, thinking that is quite safe and has some nutritious value as well. Plus, shouldn't everyone experience pizza? Well, that idea was nixed by their "nurse" in charge (I don't know what she really is...truthfully, this isn't the first area we have disagreed about, but, that is in the past). She said we could only bring fruit and cookies basically. I hope it works out, but I don't know if our facilitator is aware that the kids take their nap around 1:30-3:00. I tried to call him, but no answer. He has been great by the way. He also lives about two hours away and commutes back home most nights so we don't have to pay for a hotel for him every night (yay!). I have Noah's take home clothes ready to go, and I think Josh has the orphanage donation ready. We were going to get chocolate bars for the caregivers, we were hoping to give them more for taking care of our children all these years, but money is very tight and we honestly don't know how many of them there are, nor how to guarantee that any better/more valuable gift would get to each caregiver. There seem to be almost four shifts. Or, at least, I have seen four different groups which might really be three...or five. There are the day time people, the evening time people, and the weekend people and holiday people...these are just the ones I seem to have noticed.

Well, we hope to fill you in later about how it goes. I think today we are also hoping to go to the passport office with the whole family and get Noah's and Zoë's passport pictures as well as start the paperwork involved with getting their passports.

Tara

1 comment:

Jana said...

Josh and Tara,
This is great news. I hope you were able to have a small party for the children. Please know my prayers are with you as you finish up in the region and head back to Kiev. God is good.
Jana