Thursday, December 27, 2007

A big day ahead!

Hi All,
Thanks for the many comments (7) on our last post. That is a nice Christmas present. I haven't read them yet, though, as I'm at the Intourist (again) getting some internet time, and it is absolutely forbidden for me to read comments before Tara (I have been warned). :-)

Today we had the VERY good news that we have received an official referral from the SDA for the second child we have mentioned. This referral means we will be able to adopt the child if we decide to (more on that later). God is good to us in working out the details to bless us with a second adopted child, if we remain feeling led by Him to do so.

So, what about this child? HIS name is Sasha. He is a BOY who is three and a half years old and whom Tara thinks looks like he could be my son. As there is not much time for writing tonight, I cannot get into the details of how we ending up wanting this boy, especially since we came to Ukraine being only remotely open to adopting a boy (in addition to Luba). Anyhow, God's hand was intimately involved, as has been the case throughout this whole grand adventure.

Regarding the post title: tomorrow is going to be a big day. Tomorrow we will be having Dr. Peipon evaluate Sasha, and that will determine more or less whether or not we are going to adopt him. That decision will almost definitely be made tomorrow. Also tomorrow, we are taking Zoë (Luba) home with us. She will not be going back to the orphanage again, Lord willing.

So, please pray for us. We need your prayers. It is looking more and more like we are going to be here till the second week of February (10+ weeks total).

That's all I can afford to write for now.

Josh & Tara

6 comments:

Jana said...

Hey Josh and Tara,
I am praying for all to go well for Dr.Peipons visit. It is pretty amazing how all of this has worked out. I am praying for you and Luba as she leave the orphanage. I know that will not be easy for her. Let me know if you need anything or have any questions about anything. Keep in touch.
Jana

Unknown said...

Josh & Tara,
Glad to hear things are going well there. I haven't checked in a while but it seems all is good. BTW, we found out yesterday that our family will be adding on as well...
Sam

Anonymous said...

BOY??!! I thought you guys were allergic to boys??!! :^)

Seriously, that's great! Our boy has been such a joy, and I'm glad you will (God willing) get to experience that as well.

We continue to pray for you all. You have been a real encouragement to us.

Debora Hoffmann said...

How exciting that you might also adopt a little boy who needs a family. (I love the name Sasha.) I will be praying!

adoptedthree said...

I sure hope this little boy works out for you! What an extra special chance it will be for you and him!

Anonymous said...

Hi Josh and Tara, Checked your blog and so happy things are moving right along. I know its a tough journey, especially with the little ones in tow!! Hang in there...this time will soon become a distant memory. God's blessings to you. Praying for a speedy process to get you back home ASAP!
Stefanie